Social Media Lower Thirds Maker
Get more subscribers by incorporating an animated Lower Third from our Social Media collection to your next video stream or project. Prompt viewers to subscribe with awesome, free lower thirds that use professionally designed animation to get the message across and look fabulous at the same time!
- FREE — for a limited time only — our premium templates are absolutely free to download.
- NO SOFTWARE NEEDED — our Animated Overlay Maker does all the work for you — simply type your social media profile name and proceed to download.
- NO DESIGN SKILLS NEEDED — enjoy hundreds of premium video templates created by a team of professional designers.
- INSTANT DOWNLOAD — delivered directly to your device in two clicks.
- EASY TO USE — simply drag and drop this footage over your video using any video-editing software.
- HD QUALITY — MP4 Full HD File on Green Screen background.
- UNLIMITED USE LICENSE — All of our Templates are ready to use in your video projects under the Profounder License.
- 24/7 CUSTOMER CARE — 1-hr average response rate for Premium Subscribers.
3 Simple Steps:
Choose the lower-third positioning: right (R) or left (L). Animation will be aligned on the lower right or lower left corner of the screen accordingly.
Choose the social media platform you wish to include in your lower-third (35+ options in our pack). Customize you Social Media Lower Third by filling out you profile name, description and CTA (e.g. “Subscribe”)
Proceed to download.
Adding Lower Thirds to Your Video
Instructions for adding animated overlays are virtually the same for any video editing software:
- Download the MP4 file containing your animated overlay
- Import both your original video and the animated overlay into your video editor
- Drag an overlay to the timeline and drop it over your main video
- Use the ChromaKey function to remove the green screen background if needed
You can find the detailed instructions for specific types of software below. Questions? Feel free to contact us in comments!
What is Social Media Lower Thirds?
Social Media Lower Thirds consist of animated social media icons with your @name on it. This is basically an animated video overlay which you can customize by adding your profile name, picture and description. Social media animations can be used on YouTube, Twitch and any other video streaming platforms, and can link to you Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tiktok or any other known social media platforms (36+ social media platforms in our animation pack).
This is an effective way to capture your viewers’ attention and prompt them to subscribe to your social media. You can always use verbal reminders, but adding professional-looking lower-thirds is more effective since it conveys information more accurately.
You can use lower-thirds to highlight and enhance the important people, products and places in your videos. Lower-thirds should look professional, be easy to read and also complement your visuals, giving more context to your content. That’s exactly what the Profounder lower-thirds are — professionally designed animated visuals that will capture your audience attention and increase your subscription rate.
Your goal is to set up your channel in a way to help people subscribe and have them keep coming back.
- Portray your audience and think about what they want
- Create content that suits their needs and answers their questions
- Research keywords to write helpful descriptions and catchy headlines
- Prompt your viewers to subscribe — both verbally and with animated reminders
Above all, have fun and create kick-ass videos!
Our License Agreement
By downloading our animated lower-thirds and overlays, you agree to our terms and conditions.
These Animated Social Media Lower Thirds have been created by our team of dedicated graphic designers. Here’s what you can and cannot do:
- Publish your videos using these overlays on your YouTube channel and other video streaming and blogging platforms, for personal and even commercial use. You can link to us in your video description. 🙂
- Share these overlays, always crediting the original source.
YOU MAY NOT
- Copy or modify these overlays
- Share or sell these overlays as your own
Feel free to contact us in case you have any questions or suggestions. 🙂
Adding Lower Thirds in OBS
How to add Lower Thirds in OBS:
- Use our Animated Overlay Maker to generate your customized lower-thirds
- Select the WebM file to download
- Unpack the .zip folder with the WebM file
- Go to OBS and import the WebM file by clicking + at Sources
- Browse for your file and select it
- Tick “Loop” and then “Ok”
- Make sure you’re at the right Scene
- Click the Eye icon next to selected source to display or hide this animated layer
You may also use the MP4 files from our pack if you are comfortable with using the ChromaKey option to remove the green screen background in OBS. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Adding Lower Thirds in Adobe Premiere Pro
Premiere Pro is the industry-leading video editing software for social sharing, TV, and film. Creative tools, integration with other apps and services, and the power of Adobe Sensei help you craft footage into polished films and videos. And with the Premiere Rush app, you can create and edit new projects from any device. Pricing: 7 days free, then
- Download the lower-thirds of your choice from our free pack
- Click File then Import to open the .MP4 overlay
- Drag and drop the .MP4 overlay from the sidebar onto the timeline over your main video.
- BOOM! You’ve got a cool lower-third popping over your video.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us in the form down below!
Adding Lower Thirds in Final Cut
Final Cut Pro X was introduced by Apple in 2011, with the latest version being Final Cut Pro 7.0.3. With great new features and an intuitive design, Final Cut Pro accelerates post-production so editors can create and deliver content at the speed of thought. Pricing: Free for 90 days, then available for purchase at $299.99.
- Download your customized lower-third from our free pack
- In Final Cut Pro, create a new project or open an existing project.
- To add an overlay, click the View pop-up menu in the upper-right corner of the viewer, then choose Choose Custom Overlay > Add Custom Overlay.
- Simply drag the overlay to the timeline and drop on top of your main clip.
- All done!
Still have questions? Let us know in the comments down below!
Adding Lower Thirds to iMovie
iMovie is free to all users on Mac and iOS devices. iMovie timeline allows for two video tracks.
- Download your customized lower-third design from our free pack
- Open your video project in iMovie
- Click the Video Overlay Settings button
- Click the pop-up menu on the left and choose Picture in Picture. In the viewer, the picture-in-picture clip appears in an inset window on top of the clip it’s attached to. To reposition the picture-in-picture clip, drag it to a different spot within the clip, or to a different clip. You can also drag the ends to lengthen or shorten it.
- Click the Apply button. All done!
You can add custom overlays in iMovie both on mobile and desktop app. If you have any questions — please contact us in the form down below.
Adding Lower Thirds in Filmora
Filmora has up to 100 tracks to let you add videos. Filmora is available for Windows and Mac. Pricing for Mac: 30 days free, then $9.99 a month. Pricing for Windows: 30 days free, then $39.99 a year.
- Download your customized social media lower-third from our free pack
- Import your video overlay to the Media library as well as the main video clip
- Simply drag and drop the main video to the main video track on the timeline panel, and then drop the overlay material to another track.
- Drag rectangle handles to adjust size and position
- Click the Export button to save your video
Still have questions or something not working? Please leave a comment and we will try to help you asap. 🙂
Adding Lower Thirds in Sony Vegas Pro
VEGAS Pro leverages the power of artificial intelligence to take your video production two steps ahead. It offers an extremely flexible user interface, comprehensive media management and advanced audio editing, plus industry-leading hardware acceleration. Pricing: $15.99 a month or $299 as a one-time purchase. Only available for Windows.
- Download an animated lower-third from our pack
- Open your main video in Vegas Pro
- Right-click the field on the left from your video timeline to insert your animated overlay
- Drag and drop the overlay on top of your main video
- Remove the Green Screen by applying the Chroma Key effect
In case you will have any questions — don’t hesitate to leave a comment in the form down below.
Adding Lower Thirds in DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is a powerful and complete post-production video tool. It is free for Mac and Windows.
- Download the lower-thirds of your choice from our free pack
- Open your main video in DaVinci Resolve
- Import the overlay file
- Drag and drop it on the timeline over your main video
- Save, export, and watch your subscription rate rise
If you have any questions — please contact us in the form down below and we will do our best to assist you. 🙂
Adding Lower Thirds in HitFilm Express
HitFilm Express is free video editing software with professional-grade VFX tools and everything you need to make awesome videos. Perfect for beginners, film students, gamers, YouTubers, or any creative without a budget. For Windows only.
- Download your customized lower-thirds from our free pack
- Open HitFilm Express and import both your video and the .MP4 file to the media area
- Drag both videos to the timeline and drop the overlay on top of your main video
To remove the green screen background, type Greenscreen into the Effects list, then apply the Greenscreen Key effect that appears to your layer. Adjust the settings.
Feel free to contact us in the form down below in case you have any questions.
Adding Lower Thirds in Camtasia
Instructions for adding animated lower-thirds are virtually the same for any video editing software:
- Import both your original video and the .MP4 file from our pack into your video editor
- Drag the file to the timeline and drop it over your main video
- Use the ChromaKey function to remove the green background
That’s it! If something’s not right, or you still have questions while working with our animated social media lower thirds — feel free to contact us in the form down below, we are here to help!
Frequently Asked Questions
Social Media Lower Third is a graphic overlay consisting of animated social media icon with your @name on it. It goes in the lower part of the screen over your video prompting viewers to subscribe to your profile.
Our Animated Overlay Maker allows you to create customized lower-thirds in a few simple steps: choose the design, type you social media profile name and proceed to download.
Use our Animated Overlay Maker to download the WebM file with the lower-third design of your choice, then import this file into OBS and simply add it to your Scene.
Our Lower Thirds animation lasts 8 seconds which is the optimal duration to capture viewers’ attention.
Our Animated Overlay Maker generates the Lower Thirds which are perfectly positioned in the lower left or lower right side of your screen — choose the L or R positioning at the second step.
Download the MP4 file from our pack, then open your video editing software and import this file. Drag and drop the animated overlay on the timeline over your video.
- 1 Social Media Lower Thirds Maker
- 1.1 3 Simple Steps:
- 1.2 Adding Lower Thirds to Your Video
- 1.3 What is Social Media Lower Thirds?
- 1.4 Our License Agreement
- 1.5 Adding Lower Thirds in OBS
- 1.6 Adding Lower Thirds in Adobe Premiere Pro
- 1.7 Adding Lower Thirds in Final Cut
- 1.8 Adding Lower Thirds to iMovie
- 1.9 Adding Lower Thirds in Filmora
- 1.10 Adding Lower Thirds in Sony Vegas Pro
- 1.11 Adding Lower Thirds in DaVinci Resolve
- 1.12 Adding Lower Thirds in HitFilm Express
- 1.13 Adding Lower Thirds in Camtasia
- 1.14 Frequently Asked Questions